In our business, we set aggressive quarterly goals for our products, which are driven by our product management team or the overall IT strategy. A VP of Engineering is expected to lead their team towards achieving these goals. Our management process is to set weekly targets with daily check-ins to ensure we are on track to achieving the quarterly results.
The VP of Engineering will manage a team of 5-15 Software Engineering Managers and ensure the team solves their challenging software problems. You must continuously improve the quality of your team's performance by coaching the low contributors and replacing them with top global talent when necessary.
The individual will leverage their technical depth as a former developer and architect to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence, and achieve the organization's quality bar.
It is expected that you will be monitoring the team’s daily and weekly performance using our proprietary tools. The responsibility is to identify obstacles and offer coaching to improve productivity.
The VP of Engineering will be expected to run deep-dives into problem-solving with their teams and leverage past technical expertise in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, and automated deployments using CI/CD tools.
The individual will work closely with our Fortune 500 customer executives as well as key executives within Trilogy or other affiliated companies.
The candidate is expected to be a seasoned professional with excellent English communication skills who can effectively manage executive relationships.
The VP of Engineering will report to an SVP and will serve as a vital member of the global executive team.
- Drive rigorous, and weekly product releases across multiple, complex software products
- Establish world-class standards and technical operations to deliver consistent, high-quality products across dispersed, global team
- Implement internal engineering management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Engage with customers and product managers to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with customer value creation
- Transform existing teams of engineers, architects and development managers into a highly effective engineering function, including upgrading and reorganizing talent as required
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Potentially lead product technical due diligence and engineering talent assessments in companies which we are going to acquire
- Transform acquired engineering teams into an effective and efficient global model to increase quality and reduce cost over pre-acquisition benchmarks