We are looking for Database Chief Architects ($100k/year) who would revolutionize how database services are provided in the cloud. We expect you to push the limits of the technology and provide a high quality of service to all tenants while developing an architecture that is both highly reliable and simple.
A successful candidate should be able to proactively plan, implement, and maintain DB operational services, backup, and recovery; scaling and capacity planning activities, and administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades.
This role will also support the database application programming activities of engineering or professional services staff as needed. You must be able to handle heavy workloads, multi-task efficiently and be able to switch gears in a moment’s notice.
- Create solutions architecture and algorithms that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies to identify solutions
- Ensure availability and performance of all databases
- Work with infrastructure staff to make sure that needed system resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimal performance
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Installation of database software and related products. Managing the patching process for the servers and database software
- Provide daily production support and troubleshooting as needed to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Responsible for problem escalation to the development team, vendors or third party service providers as appropriate
- Leading a small team of Database Engineers to apply engineering practices and implement automation across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with a pinpoint focus on quality; however personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Work a standard 40-hr week and mostly Monday to Friday