In every team that you work in you will be expected to deliver work to a high level of quality. Your work quality is measured through the First Time Acceptance Rate, which means passing the quality bar set by your leadership team.
As a Database engineer ($30K/year), you can expect to be a member of Central DB or Consolidation DB teams, to support both internal and external clients in resolving database incidents and service requests. We expect you to execute capacity planning activities and apply database software patches and upgrades.
You will adhere to internal processes for incident, service request resolution and change management through proper execution and documentation. You will be responsible for developing expertise across our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Work with product and vendor support technical teams to resolve production issues, troubleshooting symptoms and conduct root cause analysis with remediation plans or solutions.
- Evaluate all monitoring alerts and be capable of differentiating between valid and false positive alerts.
- Follow documented processes for troubleshooting, recovery, and service restoration processes.
- Work a standard 40-hr week and mostly Monday to Friday.
- Ensure you can maintain a daily high level of concentration and high-quality output.