QuintoAndar is a Brazilian technology company that was created to simplify the lives of those looking for a new home. We are changing the real estate market with a pioneering business model in the world. We have a lot of talented people working to ensure that thousands of people around Brazil live better. Our team already has over a thousand people and we have offices in São Paulo and Campinas. Our product is now available in more than 20 Brazilian cities.
Engineering team responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Create scalable, maintainable and user driven solutions . We use several different technologies: from Java over SQL databases, to Polymer over MongoDB. We also have micro-services written in Python, gorgeous PWA experiences in React, complex data flows in Datomic . You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Deal with our old Spring MVP stack and eventually plan and build new services to replace it.
Engineering Manager responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
As an engineering manager, you should be able to - besides being a former developer or an experienced manager of developers:
- Be a reference for your team
- Be able to hire and develop software engineers
- Create squads of engineers, expand them, manage KPIs of your teams
- Discuss business requirements with the PM on a deep level and anticipate risks
- Help the career development of your reports
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.